Things to do in Bakersfield
Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield is located near plenty of recreational, artistic and cultural attractions. Our great location at the southern end of the San Joaquin Valley allows you to spend plenty of time exploring the outdoors, whether you want to visit a local sporting event or go white water rafting on the Kern River. When you're done experiencing the best things to do in Bakersfield, head back to Bistro Restaurant, for a Best Brew® or to your signature Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed for a great night's sleep.
- California State University Bakersfield - Stop by to cheer on the CSU Bakersfield Roadrunners. Take in a baseball or basketball game or watch swimming and diving. Visit their website at gorunners.com to find schedules.
- The Links at River Lakes Ranch - The beautiful Bakersfield weather is perfect for avid golfers. Practice your stroke at The Links at River Lakes Ranch, situated at the southern end of the San Joaquin Valley.
- Lake Ming - This man made recreational lake is perfect for relaxation or water sports. Enjoy boating, fishing and water-skiing. You may also see one of the boat races held throughout the year by the National Jet Boat Association.
- Valley Plaza Mall - We take shopping as seriously as you do. Prepare to shop until you drop at Valley Plaza Mall, just three miles away.
- Kern River Rafting - Float down the Kern River with River's End Rafting & Adventure Company. Take the two-hour trip down class II-III rapids or make it a half-day adventure.
- Sequoia National Forest - Named for the world's largest trees, the Sequoia National forest celebrates the greatest concentration of giant sequoia groves in the world.
- Hobo Camp & Miracle Hot Springs - Venture into the wilderness to explore some of nature’s most beautiful natural sites. Stationed in the Kern River Canyon are Miracle Hot Springs- located just 45 minutes outside Bakersfield.
- Fox Theater - Located in Downtown Bakersfield, the Fox Theater will entertain you on your night out! From concerts to ballet and comedy shows, you will love experiencing this historic performing arts venue.